8/28/08

Icing on the Cake

Even though it's going to a good cause this story is another illustration of the idea that people just have way too much money.

Click here for the story.

I know that people really love Princess Diana but - it's not even the whole cake, just some cake icing from 27 YEARS AGO!

I did the math, and for those of you who know me, that's NOT something I like to do. Of course it was an easy conversion. Conversion rate from Pounds to dollars is 2 dollars for every pound so someone paid $2,400 for a piece of cake icing.

Now I'm a big fan of marzipan. Growing up it pretty much was a toss-up whether Jerry and I would get the strawberry/custard cake or the marzipan covered cake for our birthday (although Jerry was the one who usually picked the marzipan.) Every christmas mom would buy marzipan balls and fruits and they never did last very long on the tree or in the cookie dish. Or we'd go to Kuhn's Delicatessen and each get a small bar of it. Hmmm it's been years since I had marzipan. Anyhow, that's not at all at issue here.

I'm sure there are things in my freezer that have been there at least a year. I just can't imagine having something in there for 27 years without tossing it. Let alone keeping something you know going into it is completely inedible.

Maybe I just don't have the celebrity bug but what a waste of money and freezer space.

No comments: