8/26/08

Music

I have to say how much I underappreciate the talented group of musicians that play every Sunday and assorted Tuesdays at rehearsal for the Alley. I have kind of a good gig in that I am allowed to sit through rehearsal and the services and while they may not be perfect and surely I've observed how much passion they have to their craft, I have to say that it really does bring joy in a wholly different way than I ever experienced.

While I spend most tuesdays in the back of the sactuary lamenting at the fact that I really need new videos for backgrounds I really do spend over half the time just listening and enjoying the music. A privledge that surely helps me pull slides together but also just makes tuesday nights a bit more joyful.

I don't play a musical instrument. I did attempt to take both clarinet and piano lessons. The closest I came to being a part of an organized music group was bell choir. Conveniently I knew how to read music and in bell choir all you really needed to know is maybe four notes and when to ring the bell and how to stop the bell from ringing - oh and my favorite - how to pluck the bell in a more stacatto way.

Lighyears from the talent that God has graced us with and I completely take for granted, until I go somewhere else and listen to the music there and feel terrible for being slightly spoiled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you like us?? You really like us!?! Awwww....

Anonymous said...

I know I typically just sit and scowl at the computer but the simple answer is yep.