8/13/08

I Remember Atlanta.

So the last time I was in Atlanta was for Brian and Leslie's wedding probably 9 years ago? And driving through downtown atlanta this late evening in the worst torrential rainstorm I've ever experienced in a new/rental car with lanes suddenly ending and merging and cars whizzing by I remember well what I hated about driving in Atlanta:

1. Seemingly 18 lane highways suddenly turning into 9 lanes.
2. Every other street is named Peachtree.
3. People either drive really really slow or are practicing their nascar skills

Did I mention it's raining and dark and I was driving a rental car and really didn't know where I was going?

Yep, it's a joy to finally be here. My hotel suite is rather spiffy (too bad it's already past midnight and I'll only enjoy it for a few hours.)

I found out half of my meeting tomorrow may be cancelled so let's hope this trip is worth the effort.

On the plus side, I flew Delta for the first time ever. Nice seats. They served a snack and a drink and didn't charge for checked baggage (not that I had any because I'll only be here until tomorrow night.)

In other family news:

Mom went to the doctor and he's putting her on strict restrictions and changing her medication. If things don't improve by the next visit she will be going on insulin.

My Aunt fell tonight and mom and she spent 4 1/2 hours in the ER. She has a severely bruised shoulder and can't lift her arm but we are thankful that everything else turned out okay. (Why is it when I'm traveling someone in my family either ends up in the ER or has a major illness?)

1 comment:

Alesha said...

i did hear that Delta announced the charge for checked bags will be $25 (for the first) effective in a month or two i think.