I remember reaching July as a kid and being excited that there was still looming ahead a whole lot of summer. I remember mostly spending all day at the swimming pool. Everyone had "their" spot to put their towels and our pool didn't have any fancy slide or zero depth entrance. We did have a creepy kiddy pool in another area of the swimming deck that was about three inches deep.
In between the fence between the big pool and the little pool was this little snack shop where mostly we'd get sprees. I really can't eat a spree today. But back then it was the thing to buy even if it did pretty much make everything a multi-colored mess.
Apparently when I was two or three I almost drowned at a hotel pool. I don't remember that, however my folks have this obnoxious photo of me in the red white and blue swimsuit taken right after that event. Like - hey honey...get the camera your daughter almost died? I'm sure that wasn't the case but still...
Anyhow I love to swim. Since I was little and made it through lifeguarding class and all the way through high school swim team there wasn't a time I could remember where diving into a pool didn't completely relax me and allow me to widely think. Sure I probably couldn't do as many laps now because I'm totally out of shape but I used to just dive in and just be able to keep going.
My goddaughter Nadine sent a note to me today saying that she's on swim team too and swimming the same events that i did which is kind of cool. Living so far away there aren't very many moments to bond like that.
I should swim. It's on the list of "maybe I should's..."I should really actually do something about that list.
I'll add that to the list as well.
In the meantime, the reason I brought up july is...as an adult do you not sit back and wonder how the heck it already is july and you've barely enjoyed summer so far?
1 comment:
I was just wondering that today.
Post a Comment