6/30/08

I did have to leave my desk today and go for a walk at lunch. I stopped at the St. Paul Hotel to reorganize a gift certificate I'm donating to the RFL.

Did you know it's apparently some new law that says that MN companies cannot charge you a fee if you fail to use a gift certificate within a year. (On the back of this gift certificate I'm donating it did say that you needed to use it within a year and I got it last October from one of my vendors and just never used it.) Anyhow to make a long story shorter...apparently all of those dire warnings on back of cards don't count in Minnesota. Do YEAH!! Anyhow I made her renew the certificate anyhow...she probably hated me but I just couldn't see giving something that old to a "winner" of whatever we are going to end up doing as our "tent event" (more to blog about that later)

It was a lovely day so out the door from the St Paul Hotel I went and walked a ways around town. And I stopped for Chicken Satay (mostly because ever since I blogged about it the other day I've been craving it.) It's the stupidest thing...just skinny flattened chicken that's marinated in some sort of curry and dipped in a peanut sauce but it is rather tasty. This time instead of sticky rice I ordered rice noodles...equally as sticky but still as delicious.

What bugs me most about this family owned restaurant is the service. It takes forever to be seated in a virtually empty restaurant and it takes forever to get a simple appetizer and sticky noodle bowl. And today because it was pretty late when I went there weren't even that interesting of people to watch...one of my favorite pasttimes when eating alone.

There was one gentleman who was waiting for his takeout order. I sneezed and he came over and personally said "God Bless you my dear. "

He had to be 85 years old if he was a day...and how sweet? Not many people say God Bless you when you sneeze...although there is a running joke at work because I typically sneeze right around 9 a.m. every day (when I actually get in by 9) and Liesel my cube neighbor got tired of saying bless you so she just started chiming "9 o'clock".

Little things like that amuse me. Anyhow...yep a little snapshot of my little world.

No comments: