6/29/08

Summer Television has taken a vacation at the stupid farm.

I know you probably are all out hiking or enjoying the sunshine but tonight I happened to be flippin' channels and came accross Wipeout. From what I can tell the idea of this show is to compete and not be the one who is the last to "wipeout" on various insane, dizzy obstacle courses. Amusing for those Three Stooges fans who enjoy watching people completely hurt themselves falling off stuff but for the rest of the world. One word comes to mind....WHY?

I thought the same thing (and so did Alesha) when we were flipping by Dance Machine the other night. Take five people who may have been in a club somewhere at sometime and tell them they can earn $100,000 and be declared the "dance machine". None of the people I saw on the show were worth that amount of money, unless of course you were paying them to NOT dance.

The Mole is supposed to be starting...as I'm sure is Big Brother 23. I enjoyed the first season of the mole and I might try watching it this season. Big Brother is a reality tv nightmare. I don't understand how CBS continues to produce this tv experiement.

All to say, I probably should go take a hike from watching tv, but sometimes you just want to mindlessly flip channels for an hour and when you don't have cable tv...there's not a whole lot to watch.

No comments: