Have you ever noticed that each generation for the last several has their own camp movies?
Back when we were kids it was Little Darlings with Kristi McNichol or Meatballs or Parent Trap (those in our family have seen that movie more than a few times)
I rather enjoy camp movies. Maybe it's because my brothers got to go to camp and I didn't so my vision of what camp was like is a bit distorted.
I like the movie Indian Summer where the adults who camped as kids return to camp for one last time.
I like the movies about band camp or arts camp.
Which is why this evening I spent a few hours while computing watching Camp Rock. This is Disney's latest answer to summertime High School Musical fervor staring a couple of stars from their famous series and one of the Jonas Brothers.
I have to say it wasn't terrible but the version I watched had karaoke sing along words on the bottom and that was annoying. Of the recent "breakout star" goes to camp movies I think I liked "raise your voice" - the Hillary Duff movie a whole lot better insofar as a storyline. But this was better than another saturday night watching Law and Order - seriously - hasn't that particular television genre jumped the shark yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment