6/10/08

I have someone who is trying my patience. I typically just try to appease her every whim (however nitpicky it is) but I am about ready to climb through the computer screen and squoosh her like a little bug. Actually every time I hear her voice on my answering machine or read her e-mail the back of my mind plays the soundtrack from the Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch of the West from the bike ride scene.

How do you show compassion when you've run out of cheeks to turn? I know the answer but it's just too darn unfair. (she says stamping her foot in a three-year old-type tantrum.)

You just take a deep breath, and type that sweetest e-mail you can possibly muster back. I imagine it like dumping a HUGE bucket of water and watching her melt, but she never melts or goes away.

-----------------

Gold Star of my day today goes to two guys in our Eco-machine shop. Many of you know at times I'm tasked with an idea and need to try and "make it happen". Well for this year's new product showcase we have a nifty point of use dispenser that hooks onto an IV Pole. So yep, you guessed it - I needed to figure out a way to display an ivpole looking aparatus that only stood about 14 inches off the ground.

I sourced a used IV Pole in st. paul for $30 and called Ron. He in turn chopped it, welded it and shined the puppy up and I have me a brand spankin' new IVPOLE dispenser display. The cool thing is that the pole actually moves up and down so I can extend a real IV bag and tube if I wanted to be "more realistic".

No comments: