I hate being a girl. Okay so don't worry I'm not going out to get some sort of gender reassignment surgery or other drastic thing.
Today I cried. Or I should say, again I cried. At work, full out, couldn't stop, couldn't talk, and even now eight hours later my eyes hurt, my heart hurts and I just really feel like crying some more.
A job shouldn't do that to a person. A person shouldn't do that to a person. And yes, the same person I was complaining about yesterday pretty much drove me to those tears today. Well that and this whole job situation.
I am proud of myself though. Instead of lashing back a rather sarcastic e-mail, I paused, and calmly turned the other cheek.
I never was into the whole what would Jesus do sorts of scenarios however in one of the bible studies I attend on a semi-regular basis we've been talking about how the workplace is rife with people who just challenge us to really love them.
I can't say I love this person. I'll try not to let her negativity and backlash consume me however that's easier said than done.
No comments:
Post a Comment