6/13/08



Denver - Day One and Two

Arrived yesterday evening. Had a lovely dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery (I know it's a chain but it was close to the hotel and a burger and a frosty mug and I was good to go.)

This morning the trade show floor opened at 10 a.m. Thankfully all of my shipments arrived (tomorrow is going to be a LONG day) I sat and watched three men attempt to build the booth (I didn't take any photos because they were pretty irritated and I didn't want to irritate them more by taking their photo.) I'll take some photos of the booth at the end of the day tomorrow.

I left the show floor around 4:30 p.m. and boarded the free bus that takes you down the 16th street mall here. Took it all the way to one end where low and behold about 5 blocks away was Coors field (Home of the Rockies) Truly the Rockies have been one of those teams I've liked since they started and if my allegiance wasn't to the Cubs I probably would be a rockies fan) Sadly they are in Chicago this weekend and Monday and Tuesday when they are back in town I will be stuck working. (I know - tough luck.)

I then took the bus to the other side of town which happened to let us off at the State Capitol and Civic Park. So in a typical fashion I thought I'm here, why not take a few blocks more to say I truly have visited the Capitol.

I then hit the Barnes & Noble that is conveniently located by my hotel and am ending the day drinking an iced tea.

Top 5 Today:

1. Boxes arrived. (You can't even imagine how stressed I get about all this stuff shipping here correctly.)

2. The booth is starting to look like a structure.

3. The nice clerk at Radio Shack who had the cord I forgot at home.

4. The free 16th street shuttle - so that I could see most of denver downtown without having to walk it all. AND it was FREE.

5. Food Network on cable (I know. But little things like this make me happy.)

What doesn't make me happy is the creepy hotel we are staying. The hallways are dirty, the elevator sort of works (I got stuck in it yesterday for about 15 minutes.) Needless to say I'm kind of a hotel snob and at the very least the room's interior is nicely remodeled or I probably would have needed to find 30 new rooms.) I know when I think of places that people sleep in poor countries I know I'm just spoiled so I remind myself that it could be worse. However it is on the Eco-dime and there's a really nice Hilton right down the street.

No comments: