Day three - Saturday
I hate trade show Saturdays. So I didn't take any photos today as my battery died on my camera so I need to charge it tonight. As I think I mentioned we have a 20 foot tall booth. It's heavy and we needed four people plus a forklift truck to put the thing together only to realize that the uppermost piece was completely backwards and didn't fit so they had to take it down and turn it around all the while precariously balancing it from 20 feet in the air. It was a nightmare and we were really close to getting the entire booth closed down for safety violations with the way they were putting it up. Good times.
I am very thankful that Kari showed up today as there would really have been no way that I could have done all that she ended up doing. With a 30 x 30 booth you almost need to keep it a whole lot simpler and well, that's not exactly in our vocabulary.
We got down at around 7:30 p.m. which also makes for a long day and grabbed a quick bite to eat We have to be back at the trade show floor at around 6:40 a.m. to start building the other showcase and hopefully will be done and completely set up by noon. The actual trade show is from 4-8 p.m. and then a bunch of people want to go to dinner.
This morning as I was leaving the hotel there was a homeless person across the street completely passed out on the sidewalk. It's amazing how many beggars there are in this town and also just musicians who have their guitars opened and playing random stuff. The other night I did stop to listen to a really good person playing bucket / drums. Ah well, off to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment