Video Review: p.s. I Love You *** of 5
Not sure now how the line went but it was something like - when you are alone, you are alone together with the other lonely people. Yep. That pretty much sums it up.
I gave this movie three stars mostly because of the writing and even that I understand was not nearly as good as the novel on which this movie was made. (When I'm in a different frame of mind, I will need to read the novel.)
I just think they could have used a different set of actors.
Harry Connick Jr's character was too similar to the character he played in Hope Floats and while I did love his "no filter" liners, I didn't think he had that great of chemistry with Hillary Swank. (I'm not a huge fan of her's anyhow.)
I did appreciate the idea of the film. A love that continues as an afterthought beyond the grave to illustrate that love isn't an afterthought but a total body experience. I did cry, but not as much as I thought I would. I wouldn't say it's that great of a "date" move - more like one you invite you close friends to watch when their husbands are out of town or upstairs playing poker.
I'm such a sap for romance however I doubt I would sit through this movie again, at least not for a little while. (Have to give a wounded heart time to heal a bit.)
No comments:
Post a Comment