
The only reason they have a two hour show for the finale is to sell tickets for the tour. Why bother calling it "the winner announced" when you only allow for two minutes for that to happen? Ridiculous.
I missed the very beginning because I was running errands for work tonight.
I did rather enjoy ZZTOP and it was nice to hear Bryan Adams again (although kind of an odd mix of songs)
I could have done without the IDOLS dancing, hearing any of the final 12 in song and also the "ladies and men" song montages that aren't even worthy of Great America let alone paying 40 dollars at the X to see them. I also could have done without the over 15 minutes plugging the Love Guru and while I was flipping between another trainwreck of a reality show called Farmer Takes a Wife (don't even get me started on that one) and the Price is Right...I came back in the middle of Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr. (oh brother!) and something about pants being pulled down just was unnecessary and unfunny and that unfortunate marching band/cheerleader rendition of you're my brother with that bedecked white hat Idol-tryout well... I would have SO rather heard one more song from the final two than any of that BLECH. Even them sining together would have been better.
Did you also get the feeling that both of them just SO wanted this to be over? There just wasn't the same sort of energy that was there when Kelly Clarson won.
Hearing Brooke White made me wonder what ever happened to my Crosby Stills Nash and Young CD's and George Michael could have given up some of the "size" of his sunglasses to Carrie Underwood's um...jacket?
David Cook just seemed so dejected to win. And don't you wonder if Simon knew so he begrudgingly apologized so that it wouldn't be so "awkward"?
This show has truly JUMPED THE SHARK but I may just buy a David Cook cd or at least a couple of tunes from ITUNES.
No comments:
Post a Comment