I love watching cooking shows. Since I was a little girl hanging out with my grandma, we'd watch Julia Child and the Frugal Gourmet. When I was 9 my other grandma gifted me with a set of measuring cups and spoons that I had used until college. I enjoy cooking however it's not something I do a lot of, mostly because over the years I've had some issues with patience and by the time I'm done cooking, I don't really feel like eating.
Anyhow, so I am down to basic cable in my household, which means I have a handful of the basic channels which also randomly allows the Disney Channel, Bravo and Create. And so I am still able to "feed" my fascination with the cooking shows on pbs on saturday a.m.'s and on occaision all day on Saturday with Create. And then there are shows like Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef.
I'm not liking this season's Top Chef at all. Mostly because they've sold out to Glad and it's more about packing stuff up to serve in glad containers than it is really about cooking. Also the chefs they have on the program don't really talk about what they are making but rather rudely bicker with each other and swear a lot and it just has become something of a ridiculous season. I had such high hopes as they are in Chicago however so far it's just been rather lackluster.
I do miss the food network. When I was in Illinois a few weeks ago mom and dad have cable and I got to catch up and watch Alton Brown and Duff (ace of cakes) While they didn't exactly have the best episodes either I did rather enjoy them.
No comments:
Post a Comment