I just don't understand the kids in my neighborhood and I fear that I'm turning into one of the crumedgeon "old people" who yell at people for riding their bikes on my lawn. Okay, so I could really care less if they rode their bicycles on the pathetic strip of grass we have in front of our apartment complex however I do mind that they seemingly have no regard for moving out of the street or paying any attention when in the street to moving cars that might need to drive down the street.
There is one boy in particular that just seems to think he is entitled to roam the middle of the street with his bicycle or while walking and I've almost hit him now three or four times. I've only honked once but that's because I came within inches of hitting him and I was irritated and he was seemingly unfazed by the idea that he had run in front of my car.
I of course don't want to make that big of a deal because there's quite the gang of these kids in my neighborhood and I kind of like my rusting heap of a car to not get egged or worse. However I just would like kids to not feel so entitled.
The sun was out today and it reached 70. Of course I don't begrudge them playing out in the sunshine. I have a responsiblity to not hit them, I just wish there was a little more room on the street where we live.
No comments:
Post a Comment