5/13/08

I got home from work and had a blinking light on my answering machine.

Now mostly I don't get a lot of messages. Typically it's mom with her standard: "hi it's mom, no need to call back. Just wanted to say hi and see if you saw "The Farmer Takes A Wife" on Fox tonight. Love you. Beeep."

So it was with a little fear and trepidation that I played it. And there was a slight pause for dramatic effect and I heard

YODEL LEA HEE HOO YODEL YODEL HEA HE HOO this went on for a good fifteen twenty seconds and then mom came on the line with the "update from the Matterhorn".

When we were growing up dad had a fascination with things that made noise. At Woa-zha-wa days flea market he bought these obnoxious red whirlig tubes that when you whipped them around in a circle over your head made a really loud whirling sound. He laughed when he first saw that Billy Big Bass singing plastic bass and for years he could play the thing - while to this day I still cringe when I hear "don't worry, be happy".

Jerry had warned me that dad had picked up on his first day there this key chain that apparently yodeled.

Apparently it hasn't driven my mom nuts yet as here it is, already day 4 or 5 on their trip and he's still playing with the thing.

Makes a person glad that there's a limit to the stuff they could bring home...
Although...maybe it could get Jerry out of mowing the lawn if they settled for this:










1 comment:

Brian Smith said...

Cities is great. They had Needtobreathe (great Christian band) live in Studio C a few weeks ago. Did our local Christian outlet have them on?.....I think not.