5/6/08

BTW...news from home tonight is that dad's tests are stable with nothing noteworthy to report.

__________

I'm a cracker fan from way back even back to the timeframe when my grandmother created the cookie/cracker. (C'mon family bloghoppers dontcha fondly remember those ritz crackers crammed into the little green cookie jar along with the maurice lenell strawberry/chocolate swirl cookies?)

I recently bought a box of these:





It's claim is a pretzel and a cracker. Which actually looks more like they just over-baked the townhouse cracker and wondered how they could market a burnt cracker and some marketing genius said ...hmmm...it kind of tastes like a pretzel and wa-la, the birth of a flipside.

Don't get me wrong, they are rather addictive, but then again so are townhouse crackers and their rather buttery goodness.

What I don't really see is how they can say that one half is a cracker when really it doesn't look like a townhouse cracker on one side but more like a lighter version of the flipside.

Alas, like the commercial says it would be rather good with a tub of cheese (but then again, what isn't good with a tub of cheese?) or a dip or a cute slice of cucumber and some cream cheese...or peanut butter or maybe just eat them directly out of the box.

Can there be a bad cracker? I have to admit I'm not a big fan of those really thin water crackers and sometimes those sodium enhanced chicknabiscuit aren't my cup o' tea either...but you might see these flipsides coming to a potluck near you.

No comments: