5/7/08

I admit that sometime when I wander the skyway alone at lunchtime I don't at all expect to bump into someone I actually know (unless they too work in eco-world and typically I try not to make eye contact) I'm just out wandering, typically to grab something quick to eat and just get away for a while. Therefore I felt bad today as I was heading towards the escalator in the US Bank building to head outside and see what the marching band music was all about (there's just something about odd music that just doesn't happen very often in downtown st. paul, particularly over the lunch hour)

But there was the lovely couple who always said hi to me at Genesis walking by and had to tap me on the shoulder even for me to even stop and say something. I guess I was just so focused on the marching band music that was my mission.

So the marching band wasn't a marching band at all but rather the St. Paul Saint's annual largest game of catch over the lunch hour. Seriously mislabeled. Seriously not marketed appropriately to the skyway lunchtime walkers because even in my clueless wanderings I did not see mention of this large game of catch AT ALL.

And apparently so did the rest of the other lunchtime curiousity seekers. They had a tent for little ceasar's pizza, a soda tent and some other thing and two radio stations with their promotions departments handing out stickers. Yep. Fabulous time had by all...for 20 seconds it might take to duck through there and hope to not get hit by the obnoxious people trying to toss squishy baseballs at people. Okay, so the concept was fun. Just needed a tad bit more marketing. (See Jerry - there is a place for us marketers in this world.)

No comments: