5/4/08

Movie Review: Juno
**** of 5

Not quite the perfect movie I'd want to watch over and over again, however it was a pretty decent story and in the vague and overwhelming sense that this weekend has had me really pondering the idea of what love really means -- this movie was a keen illustration for that very topic.

And now for some reason I'm humming that Haddaway song "What is Love?" and I really need it out of my head...

I did enjoy the clever banter and I appreciated the fact that the parents were supportive of a crummy situation. We have enough "after school specials" to last a lifetime of teenage pregnancy that this seemed to be a refreshing look at the topic.

I can see why Ellen Page received all the awards she did - although much of her success I think was due to an clever script but it was all delivered quite believably.

No comments: