4/21/08

Okay so I haven't quite figured out what's going on with the "family" in Apartment 1A in my building but admit to being nosy because on Saturday afternoon as we were leaving for dinner a school bus pulls up to my apartment complex and about 20 - 30 mostly mexican-american looking men were fleeing off the school bus and scattering to various apartments in our complex.

Then because I'm nosy...and they have their blinds open for anyone to see, I notice that the apartment 1 A really only contains one long card table and a few folding chairs and a couple of mattresses and color tv's on the floor in the bedrooms. Who are these people and are they just here temporarily?

I mean, so far they have been extremely quiet and keep to themselves...sort of loitering in groups on the front porch, not saying hello back when I walk by but I am curious as to their stories.

And what's with the bus? Where do they work? What brings them to our complex? Why no furniture? How many of them live in that apartment anyways?

Like I said I've tried to say hello but they really won't talk to me... I could call my landlord, but would that be gossiping?

Instead I'm playing that game we like to play at airports and in restaurants and just make up fake stories about who these people are....

I mean, really it's probably better for an apartment to be filled than for one to just sit vacant. right?

No comments: