4/11/08

I truly have a love hate relationship with my closet. Several times a year it just becomes so unbearable to look at another tumbled pile of sweaters I never wear but keep around just "in case" I happen to lose the twenty - thirty pounds I've been trying to lose for ten years now.

I did a purge several years ago and yet still kept a few things...that haven't moved from the corner I shoved them in two years ago. I don't truly know why I hang onto stuff that no longer fits and if it ever would...would it really be in style? I have this navy suit - which I loved. I haven't been able to part with it. C'mon, double breasted should pads will come back won't they? The suit is almost twenty years old. I remember wearing it to sectionals for forensics in high school.

Yep, there is a reason why I hired movers to move me to minnesota almost ten years ago...and why my brothers and dad said they would never help me move again. There's a reason why I love my walk in closet...I don't truly have to walk all the way in...until I decide it to be the evening when the tumbled sweaters are just ticking me off...and I think of all that I have, and all that others don't have...the problem with THAT is that I'm not entirely sure it's generous to give goodwill stuff from the 1980's? I mean there's Vintage...and then there's vintage crap.

I'm pretty sure I know what category my items fall in.

1 comment:

Alesha said...

you know Tina, I think when it comes to the 80s, it's all considered "vintage" and sadly, I'd like to say most all of it is "vintage crap." and I don't think should reflect poorly on your items. I think that is just how it is.