4/16/08

I have this nagging ear infection. It's crummy because one minute I can be feeling fine and the next minute it feels like some is taking a really long needle and poking at my ear drum. It also feels like my ear is filled with cotton when really there's not a whole lot in there. I know because the last time I was at the clinic they took this nifty spray bottle gizmo and cleaned out my ear and well...the nurse was so nice to let me look at it...as if I really cared to see what magically is produced in my ear...can't say that's ever been high on my priority to know about.

Sure I'm whining because I can and this is a better forum than complaining to the people around me. Some people however just don't seem to grasp how painful it truly is and in particular at work when I say I'm struggling with an ear infection they think that I can just brush it off...buck up and keep working when really it's amazing how hardly being able to hear out of one ear really effects your world...or is that affect...I never did get that rule in stylistics class.

I'm really trying to be patient and let this latest round of antibiotic and drops work and mostly because I'm a cheapskate and don't want to go back yet again to the doctor and pay yet again for something that might not work either.

Yep...not winning any optimistic award here :)

On the plus side...who in Minnesota can complain about the weather...okay I'm sure a few people can. I love this time of year about as much as I like that first hint of fall. The idea of walking outside in a light coat or being able to enjoy my relatively new deck that I didn't really get a chance to enjoy...yep looking forward to the next couple of months.

There are new neighbors in our apartment. Seems like a huge extended family all crammed into the small two bedroom in the lower level. They don't have much furniture...just a bunny rabbit/foiled tv and a long folding table and a few chairs in the kitchen and living room. Makes me wonder what their story is. I tried saying hi already a few times while they've been hanging out on the stoop but they don't really say hi back. Perhaps they don't speak english? I'll find out their story I'm sure.

No comments: