4/30/08

I am a minnesotan...apparently.

On my way out of Eco-world tonight I was standing waiting for the light to change on 5th and Wabasha and two ladies were behind me consulting a map and pondering where in the St. Paul they were.  They seemed quite confused and while I couldn't really hear all of what they were saying out of my one good ear, I did hear enough to wonder if I should say something.  Well, the light turned and the walk signal was out and we all started walking and they still were hanging back consulting their map as we were walking.

So I said...is there some place I could possibly help you ladies find?  They said they were looking for the Brewery. . . which of course I should really have asked which one because really there are a couple in the vicinity...however I figured if they were on foot and they were only a few blocks away from Great Waters, that that's probably where they were headed so I gave them quick directions and wished them a good night...they walked on, thanked me and the one woman asked (in what sounded like a Canadian accent) so I take it you've lived here in Minnesota all your life??

To which I answered...no, but I've lived here for 10 years. 

So I'm leaping to the conclusion that either she thinks I'm one of those minnesota nice do-gooders or just some sort of busybody.

Either way, I'm going to just say that I'm glad I said something.  Who knows how far they would have walked the direction they were going.  I would hope someone would say some to me if I looked lost.  Anyhow.  I guess I am a Minnesotan and um...you betcha I am.

No comments: