So instead of circling around the block, I instead duck behind the sugar cookie display and hope he goes the other way. And then, feeling quite silly, think to myself - Maybe it's not THAT guy, just a guy that looks remarkably like him.
And then as I was driving home from the store I wondered (seriously I say this a lot don't I - makes you possibly not want to drive with me any time soon with all the pondering that I do when I drive...)
Anyhow...there's this whole thing about God supposedly choosing THE man for me. What if when I was a picky, infatuated college student I ran off THAT guy? Do I duck behind the sugar cookie display and miss him again?
In the same woman's day magazine that the monkeysee.com website was in there was a recommended reading called something like - a letter to my younger self...
Just thinking about that and this whole darn 20 year reunion looming over the summer has me thinking about the past...so maybe I conjured him up in my imagination...what would I tell my younger self...
Have fun when you are younger. Break some small rules. Those same rules get a lot more important when you are older and are a whole lot harder to break.
Make sure to cultivate friendships in the present. Those friends that I forgot about that now have come back into my life could have been a whole lot of fun to have had around all this time.
If older family members are still around, talk to them. Find out their story. Actually the same is true for your whole family - finding out about their journey might help you love them even more.
Say I love you when you mean it. And finally - you do have to be present in a relationship. When it's important, share love without restraint.
2 comments:
solidarity there sister.
soooo great to read your bloggity-blog
Miss you. hope that your ear feels better soon...
that totally stinks when you can't hear the beat of your own drum.
xo
Kim
Ah Kim - I can hear the beat of my drum...it just echoes and is a bit muted ;-)
Love you...I'm bummed that it looks like I now won't possibly see you until my next trip in August.
We should think about girls weekend soon.
Post a Comment