4/28/08

Ear Saga continued.  So the ear doesn't hurt per se anymore however now it merely just either buzzes or pops pretty non stop and for the most part when I talk it sounds like an echo in my already airy-head.  (there I said it before you did :-P

Today at the very least my manager asked how it was mostly to ponder if I would have to make a road trip to denver for our trade show next month, mind you the option of not going wasn't even on the table, but if flying is out then the only other options are amtrak, greyhound or driving.

So I did a little checking...

The only option on Greyhound leaves MSP at 8:00 a.m. and arrives the next morning at 6:00 a.m.

But, think of the adventure I could have lunch in Dudley's Corner, IA, have a 4 hour layover in Des Moines and spend the twilight hours watching Nebraska roll endlessly by.

Amtrak would be even more of an adventure as I'd have to take the Empire Builder out to Portland, transfer to another train and take that to Sacramento, CA and then after two and 1/2 days of travel...take a train to Denver.   (By the time I'd get there, the trade show would be over and I'd have to take three days to take the train back.)

Or rent a car and drive 917 miles in 13+ Hours...

Hmmm,  let me see -- it's so hard to choose.  Of course the lazy adventurer in me chooses Amtrak (although I used to take the empire builder back and forth from Winona to Chicago and it's not exactly the glamorous way to travel, and the idea that it takes three whole days just makes it seem like it would be truly like the adventurers heading out to find gold in california.  Only my quest would be to make sure the 20 foot Eco-display doesn't crush our tradeshow guests.

Can't you just see this as a much better Office episode than the one that happened last thursday?  To save money, Michael makes everyone bicycle to the annual meeting?

Sadly, my bicycle broke, so that's not even on the table (and nope...not gonna rent one either because with the amount of crap I usually have to carry with me to trade shows, that would need to be a really HUGE basket.  (And seriously - did you hear that they are now going to charge people an extra $25.00 for checking a second bag...isn't it bad enough people bring ginormous bags onto the airplanes already - I wouldn't think that they should penalize people for at least checking another bag.  )

All I can ask...  PRAY REAL HARD THAT GOD WORKS HIS MAGIC AND HEALS MY EAR BEFORE THEN.  Or, I may just need to be callin' over to the HR department at wachovia.  



No comments: