4/28/08

Dad's heading to the oncologist tomorrow for another appointment.  As it's been another three months and they didn't do the full scan workup last time mom's pretty sure he'll have to go for another scan.  The only problem is - and it's not really a problem...but do you encourage them to wait until after they get back from their trip to switzerland and just have it looming or do you do it and possibly find out bad news and have it wreck a trip...or do you do the tests, find out everything is progressing like it has and just have it over and done with?

I'm not sure what my answer would be.  I'm leaning towards waiting to go until after they get back for the sheer idea that - what they don't know won't hopefully kill them for another week and on the off chance that some bad news would come, I'd rather they enjoy a trip they've been planning since christmas.  Of course again, there I go playing the selfish card...it's not My health that we are talking about.

No comments: