It was cold and sort of misty here most of the a.m. That still didn't deter me from heading over to Disney bright and early this a.m. and I returned back to the hotel at 9:30 p.m.
My initial impression is that I still find Magic Kingdom a bit more magical than disneyland. Maybe it's bigger? Or at the very least, the castle is a tad more substantial. Also there's just a sense of disney over-the-topedness that doesn't exacly translate...although...seriously, a person spilled a drink and one person's job was to stand over the spill and direct people around it with these huge disney hands.
If you know anything about me, you know I'm a rollercoaster fan. I love them. Well, er, most of them. I'm not a big fan of those rollercoasters that just spin backwards and forwards...and I was never a fan of the spinning rollercoaster at the MOA.
Anyhow...first stop this a.m. was Space Mountain. Which is about the same as DW. (Disney World) then, Buzz Lightyear and a pathetic 19,850 score. I still find this a cute ride. I then did all of critter country (including the cheesy but hokey Tiki Room) I liked the Splash Mountain a bit better at Disney World. Seemed to tell the story or Brer Rabbit more. After finishing off on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad I decided it was after lunch and I should try and head over to California Adventure...plus I was cold and somewhat cranky because it was cold.
Anyhow...went on Soarin'...very cool. And the rollercoaster...which has a rocket start (I'll post a video later.) They ended up being my two favorite rides.
Finshed out the day by going back to disneyland...rode the matterhorn and the other rides in Storybook land etc.
I also ended the day by just sitting on the train for a full circuit of the park.
Top 5 today:
1Soarin' over California
2Rollercoaster at California adventure
3While I was standing in line to ride the Monster's Inc Ride the little girl behind me took her dad's hand and said...I love you daddy....just out of the blue she didn't want anything...just wanted to share that with her dad.
4. No tradeshow stuff today ...at all
5. I found the cutest t-shirt for emily :)
More about the trip along with photos later.
No comments:
Post a Comment