3/19/08

I do enjoy children.  I enjoy playing.  I'm a little rusty as a babysitter however back in highschool it was pretty much what I did, along with cutting lawn for our neighbors.  There's also that ringing brady bunch chant "don't play ball in the house" which echoed through my head tonight as I saw one of the little boys I was watching whip a ball past my head and knock the clock off the wall.  

Luckily we only had three little 7 year old boys and a toddler tonight.  This is only the second time that I've volunteered to watch kids and yet again it was a little daunting when it was almost 7:15 and I was the only person there.  (There are supposed to be three adults as we can have more than a few kids show up.)

 I told myself...I can do this...it's really only an hour...what could go wrong?  As I said that in my head...all four little boys scattered to the corners of the room and one of the boys decided he really needed to go to the bathroom...yep...piece of cake.  I even tried to use the supposed intercom to tell the ladies upstairs that a child had escaped....and then I blinked and another child left the room as well.  So I grabbed the toddler and convinced the other boy Ryan to come on an "adventure".  Mostly to see whether they really went to the bathroom.  

We returned to the playroom.  7:20.  No problem.

The boys returned along with one of the other volunteers from our church who brought toys.  

We had a good time playing.  It's amazing how time flies and yet almost stands still.

No comments: