3/28/08

Hello from Sunny and somewhat warmer Anaheim CA. This morning was an early start as my taxi driver whose name was Ahmed and lived in Cottage Grove was so excited that his first pick-up of the day was in Newport, showed up at 4:30. A.M. Luckily I was ready...having only slept about an hour. And it's a good thing we got to the airport early as I forgot most of Hennepin County and Washington County have Spring Break this week. UGH...the airport and the airplane was filled with kids and really tired and cranky parents. The person who sat next to me on the plane also had a little girl who was really cute and about 5 years old...she napped almost the entire way while her mom downed three vodka/ojs. Seriously...we boarded at 7 a.m. and landed at 9:15 California time...do you really need more than one...if any? Okay that's really catty of me, but c'mon...you are on your way to disneyland...rest assured It's A Small World is closed for refurbishment...only one is necessary. But I ignored it...sorta...put on my ipod and caught up on the sermons from Matt Chandler/Dean Dunevan....and listened to music.
I'm bad at geography but it was cool that we got to fly over the Grand Canyon. From that high up it was amazing to see the color formations on the rock walls almost looked like God was painting leaves on the side of the walls. Anyhow I love sitting by the window...just makes flying seem less like a chore and also I tend to get really closterphobic when I sit too long in a center or aisle seat.

Here's another shot of an interesting rock formation....not sure if it will show up... besides the fact that taking shots out of a plane window is just hard anyways.






Everything arrived for the trade show...so far. We have 1/4 of the booth up already, although there really is only one guy who knows what he is doing and most of the time he is standing in the middle of the booth scratching his head and looking at the drawings upside down. I would have taken a photo but they already thought I was a little odd. We'll wait for that until tomorrow.

I left them around 3:30 and decided to walk back to our hotel.
First I paused outside. Did I mention it's about 65 degrees and sunny. Here's the shot from outside the convention center...

And for those of you who heard my plight about Palm Sunday Palms...I now know where to find them... right outside the anaheim convention center...
The six block walk back to the hotel was more like a mile and a half. Tomorrow bus service will start which will be a bonus.
I'm off to sit by the pool.
Yes, I know it's only 65 degrees...but the suni is still out and the pool is heated.










No comments: