Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. Work is highly volatile lately. So much so that I've been having nightmares about projects not getting done and just really feeling my typical stress that comes during trade show season. It also doesn't help that in the midst of it I am trying to launch an intranet site that I'm pretty much responsible for implementing, designing and finding and loading all of the content - which has to be sure to be re-branded to the proper Eco-style. And we hired a new firm out of Chicago to build our trade show display AND all of my graphics are due this weekend - the whole of which I still don't quite know what we are doing and as I've pretty much self taught myself Illustrator and Photoshop, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I know enough about what I'm doing to create a vector images at 6' x 4' with enough resolution to translate properly to a trade show graphics. (4 - 6' x 4' graphics, and 6 - 3' x 2' graphics) Woo-hoo...I'm new and learning and well...it's just not really all that fun to juggle this and the other details that normally stress me out.
On the plus side tomorrow night's customer dinner is at the St. Paul Grill and the following evening is at Pazzaluna. :) so I'll have something a bit more fun to blog about then.
It's only five more weeks until I will be in what will hopefully be sunny and warm California. Hopefully with a fabulous booth, graphics that everyone is happy with and a staff that is cooperative.
I did however also have a discussion with the fire marshall today at the convention center and apparently the little bottles of "purell-type" waterless hand santizer that we typically give out cannot be stored in our booth ...which is RIDICULOUS. Apparently it's a fire hazard and they will completely kick us out of the trade show if they find out we have more than a day's supply stored in our booth. Which will be that great JOY - I get to shelp boxes every morning from storage to the booth...I know...complain away.
I love my job. I love my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment