Deadlines got pushed up a weekend and everything is due FRIDAY...yikes. It's a bit beyond me right now.
So dinner was...expensive. I've had better food although I went outside of the box and ordered a grilled pork chop because I wasn't sure if I was in a fish mood and I have been eating way too much beef lately. One of the people ordered the scallops though and I think they looked really good.
I just can't fathom though paying that much money for just a hunk of meat and it doesn't come with anything - everything is extra. I guess in growing up in the chicago burbs I just am used to the idea that if you order a piece of meat you usually get a choice of soup or salad, some sort of starch and maybe a veggie.
This really was a hunk of pork chop and a scoop of some sort of apple relish - I guess paying homage to the whole humphrey bogart/peter brady "pork chops and applesauce" reference?
Anyhow...my meal was one of the cheaper meals on the menu and including a drink and a side of mac and cheese because I had to have a starch...it was almost $30. Yikes.
I did get home in time to see Project Runway...to sum up...ICK - human hair! You've got to be kidding me. I did think the safety pin thing was cool and really I didn't like Romy's collection at all...kind of boring and that teal coat reminded me of a really bad arthur treacher's fish and chips changing of the guard thing.
It will be interesting to see the finale next week.
And boy I thought I knew some people who had a lot of stuff decorating their apartment but that friend of chris march took the cake. That would just give me a headache after a while!
Ah well...best get some sleep...it's going to be a long day tomorrow.
Auf wiedersehn. Guten Nacht!
No comments:
Post a Comment