In yet another round of things I shake my head at while at work yesterday they came around with nominations for our annual pseudo-employee of the year event and brought a certificate in a cheap $2.00 frame from Michaels that had a sheet of paper that was just plain white copy paper - you know the kind you can kind of see through (not even nice cardstock) and a standard letter that said "Dear Tina - you've been nominated for this year's Circle...blah blah...because of your commitment to excellence...blah blah"
Never in it did it actually say why we were being nominated but as a collective whole our whole department was nominated for our work with our new branding effort. Now please know that I admire our department for getting ahead of the game on the brand stuff but I specifically did not attend most of the boring packaging branding meetings that we were nominated for because I really didn't have much to do with them. Plus the outside consultant leading the meetings really just grated on my last nerve.
So to get the nomination makes me feel even more of a fraud than i did last year when I was nominated. It just illustrates what a jaded bitter soul I've become in the 10 years I've worked there. (Which reminds me, I should check my Powerball ticket.)
I know our management team means well for nominating us, but we are after all just doing our job...there really wasn't anything spectacular about that this year.
So thanks for the balloon and the petri dish of m&m's and I'll keep my fingers crossed...that we don't win. Who wants to explain winning for something that we're supposed to be doing anyhow?
No comments:
Post a Comment