I work late a fair amount of time. There's a certain false sense of security in knowing that either the building is locked, there are badges needed to get on most floors and there is security guarding the front desk.
I am all for women in various security roles however you probably should have a presence that you look like you can protect me from a siege on the building. Okay perhaps that's asking for a lot but seriously the four foot nine inch pixie working the desk tonight barely looked up and I didn't think asking her to escort me to my car would even help protect us from getting mugged but perhaps rather the assailant might think he was getting a two-fer deal. I also felt the need to perhaps give her a ride back to the building and wait until she was safely back behind locked doors.
Granted, she's probably better than the nice old guy who guards the building on Sunday afternoons. He's got to be about 75 years old. I don't make him escort me to my car either for fear of him not making it back up the stairs. Of course I could have wandered over to the other building where the other guard was. She's a woman that looks like she could take down a mugger with one hand tied behind her back.
I know it's very discriminatory of me to think this way but somehow there are certain jobs that I have a little higher expectation. Or maybe I should just try and leave work a whole lot earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment