2/3/08

I am not a football person. It was a way to hang out with they guys on 3rd Morey at Winona State so I learned enough about it to get by and not be bored. As children we all would beg mom to buy snacks and we'd select teams to cheer for and line up our stuffed animals as cheering sections in the basement. My cousin and uncle's birthday was also quite near the superbowl so we'd sometimes go to their house and watch the game and eat dinner at halftime.

Today I ended up watching the game in the comfort of my living room. I was the one preparing the snacks (and luckily I had leftover taco fixings from thursday's dinner so...instant nachos.) I also really used to enjoy the commercials - they were clever and original and I can't say the same for this year's round of them. I can't even think of one that I'd say stuck in my mind except maybe fore the Coke Commercial with Carville and the other guy playing tourist around Washington DC or maybe the picallo playing football player from the Houston Texans for NFL.com but then again I like stories like that.

As for the game...I guess I didn't really know which team I wanted to win. In some ways I'm glad for Eli to have won however you kind of feel bad for him as even in the height of victory they had to bring in Peyton and constantly flip over to see how peyton was reacting to the situation. That was a huge SUV he won for being MVP. It would have been nice for other team to have won but somehow maybe the idea that they aren't perfect is a better story - gives them something to shoot for next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom Petty and the HEartbreakers and Willie Nelson singing Momma's Don't Let your Babies grow up to be cowboys just didn't make sense. ALso the heart with an arrow was really pretty lame too. At the very least they didn't have to worry about wardrobe malfunctions but boy, what a complete waste of 20 minutes.

Lindsey said...

i thought the pepsi max commercial was hilarious...the one where they were all falling asleep.

and the oboe playing football player one was good too!