We played a game today at the start of our Marketing Staff meeting. Now quite sincerely I've been begging for us to loosen this bland monthly meeting up and at times have received frosty stares from my fellow marketers when I've suggested going around the table and answering some stupid question like - if you could be any character in the movie Tombstone who would it be and why. I know, stupid but I like delving into the mind of these people I spend the majority of my days with and since we know how sometimes blurring the lines between business and personal has backfired on me in the past...you get the "what kind of penny candy would you be?" type of question. Infinitely better than January's question that our manager came up with which was "what was the best and worst gift you got for christmas". Seriously, are we in the 4th grade? Although I still tear up a bit at my friend Angie's answer which was thoughtfully shared. There are moments that my cynicism does me in.
Anyhow, sure today's game was probably done in one of the "managing managers" meetings he's been going to recently and I've heard some of the questions before, but the fact that he prepped something fun made it seem a bit more like he was trying.
The game was one of those brain teaser puzzles with questions like - how many species of animals did Moses bring on the ark...answer none. A butcher was 5 feet 11 inches tall, what did he weigh? Meat. Seemingly easy answers but still...broke up the monotony that is that meeting. So we played for five minutes and laughed...and then went on to the regularly scheduled boredom that tends to be that meeting.
I decided to try Roundy's Root Beer and Ginger Ale. I've had a strange craving for both drinks over the past couple of years. I still think that A&W Frosty Mug is one of the more tastier Root Beers. And while the Sprechter's Ginger Ale was interesting, Canada Dry is still my hands down favorite Ginger Ale - maybe it has to be with being distributed by the same company? Anyhow...I will continue my quest to see if something could knock either off their pedestal.
And for those of you who have noticed that I haven't been blogging lately...do you now need to wonder why with such ponderings to share? Actually, I have my friend Traci to blame for sicing me on this insanity called facebook. If you have never been privy to the site...steer clear, it is somewhat of a new distraction and thanks to the whole idea of the 20th Reunion this summer it's been interesting to see who all has a facebook account and much like high school - my eager approach of wondering if they will accept my friendship makes me feel like sitting in the cafeteria all over again hoping they will sit at my table. Yep, I'm this close to pulling out my Chicago 17 Album and lipsynching to Hard Habit to Break. If that's not a cry for help, I don't know what is.
No comments:
Post a Comment