According to Yahoo! News we have a good shot at making it to live until we are 100.
Well Yahoo!
Actually I take that back. There are days I wonder if I will make it to 40, let alone 60 or 80. I'd like to say I'll leave this in God's hands but I've seen God keep people alive way passed their prime and wonder why? So I have stipulations if He decides to grant me life until 100:
1. I'd need to be able to drive. Is there a law that says you can't drive past a certain age?
2. I'd like to have a few friends and family members living so that I won't be able to endure being the last of my generation (I saw that with a few of my older relatives and that would just be a bit difficult)
3. I'd need to be healthy. Not hooked up to equipment. Still have my memory but not dwell on the past.
That's probably way too much to ask.
Oma Strelau lived until she was 92 and her last few years of life were pretty terrible for the family to watch. I'd only want to live until I was 100 if I was one of those spry 100 year olds that are still volunteering and swear that the shot of Mogen David every evening was what kept them going (Do they even still sell that wine? My other grandma used to have a bottle of that in her fridge and she only drank a small glass of it after dinner every evening.)
No comments:
Post a Comment