I usually have a pretty open mind about music. There's not much I won't listen to for a few seconds at least. I caught myself wandering by the Grammy award a few times tonight. I didn't stay to watch for long however I did catch a bit because ABC was stretching out their home makeover to two hours so that meant quite a few commercial breaks (can I get a hearty AMEN to hear that the writers strike may be over soon and we can stop getting shows like my dad can beat up your dad and Dance Wars?)
Anyhow, back to the grammys I really think I'm getting old and I don't know who half these artists are and can identify more with those people they advertise as making big comebacks or the Novelty acts.
I own these days by Vince Gill (thanks Arnie) and it's an interesting array of styles and songs so I'm glad that he won.
For my two eek moments of the show - what was Tina Turner wearing? And did she look in a mirror? And could she have chosen any more of out dated backup dancers? I know she's not known particularly for stylish however, the seriously silver thing looked terrible!
And I haven't like Kanye West pretty much ever...but unless there's some story behind the dayglo white sunglasses - take them off - they look like you picked them up at the dollar store. And yes, a fitting tribute to his mom but really - is that totally necessary?
And what finally drove me to change the channel was the sexual banter between Kid Rock and the older clueless person. Dave Koz was probably rolling his eyes at having to play with this duo.
Feist was pretty good I liked the simplicity. And the back-up instruments. I wondered how she would sound live vs. the recorded studio.
Another unfortunate dress choice - Aretha's yellow dress. eek...at some a stylist should have intervened.
Also was it just me but it seemed like every time I flipped by someone was screaming. Is this the new song? Am I turning into my parents who constantly commented that they couldn't understand why I listened to the Big Hair bands of the 80s?
No comments:
Post a Comment