It is my opinion that South Washington County community access tv does very little to screen what actually gets shown on Channel 14. Now that I don't really have cable there are times when I have the urge to flip channels through those channels I still have and um....this evening I caught I show and I watched for about 15 minutes mostly listening to this sort of drunk guy rambling on about pushups and then I kid you not...doing high bar sommersaults over and over again for about 5 minutes. He video taped this wearing a white t-shirt and jeans and stood in front of his cream/white colored verti-blinds in his basement. He then went on to describe this leg lift bar that he set up to do off-season training. His next statement while wiggling the bar was "and doesn't this contraption sound cool? It sounds like something you might have in a dungeon.
I flipped by him and went by the next station who was airing a particularly famous for around here couple whose video show is pretty famous around here - the only way I can describe it is if somebody told my dad to wear his really bad cowboy shirt from the 70's and go on tv to describe the music videos he likes (for those of you who heard the infamous cassette tape of dad "playing reporter" from Disney trip from 1975 - imagine if he was doing a weekly video show with that same style.)
It's not that I'm against cable/public access. I think it would be fun to be behind the scenes of these sorts of shows however, when for fifteen minutes all I'm able to see is some shirtless (yes, did I fail to mention that the sommersaults for 5 minutes not only was non stop for 5 minutes but the man was shirtless AND they had this annoying music in a bed under the video...very annoying)
Sorry...where was I in my rant? Oh yeah...at least pre-screen what you are subjecting the airwaves. I doubt anyone really watched the whole thing...unless like me they were curious what the heck the point was about the whole show.
No comments:
Post a Comment