Yep. It's been a crummy weekend. If only life came with one of those "easy" buttons from that staples commercial but life just can't be that easy. I did however finish my taxes today (the earliest finish ever!)
I just saw an article online titled: "Is chivalry dead?" So I got to thinking about my own take on this...I think it's moved a bit past the whole man being the knight and shining armor and instead turned into a definition of what we all could do to be a bit more courteous of each other.
When referring to the common courtesy I guess I don't expect any man to drop his cloak upon a puddle of mud so that I can walk over it, but I would hope that, in particular, if I'm walking behind you at the mall that you might hold the door.
You can stay seated on the bus. I'm perfectly capable of standing. If, however an older person enters the bus, you will find my high regard if you stand and offer your seat to them.
I still have a problem calling older people by their first names. In fact I ran into this problem at church today and just barreled ahead without wondering if the child I was introducing to the adult should want to address the person as Mr. instead of by their first name. What's sad is that I still consider myself a younger person and I will be turning 40 in a few short years.
At work I would love it if the men in our group would be a tad more chivalrous. Particularly at trade shows when I'm the one carrying all the heavy boxes around. But I guess if you don't ask you won't receive.
On that note...it's going to be interesting to see what this new layer of management brings to our workplace (they announced the promotion of my manager's manager and they are bringing in a new person to fill the slot of our VP of Marketing.)
No comments:
Post a Comment