Sincere plea to the writers on strike and the producers keeping them there...
PLEASE reconsider. I beg of you.
Anyone happen to catch the train wreck of a show called Dance Wars: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann tonight? It's like they took the rejects from the auditions at Great America in Gurnee and said - hey you want to be on tv?
What a lead in to the President's State of the Union Address...it was either that or American Gladiators and I'm sure I know which one was worse.
Anyone also catch the post video of the State of the Union Address and the number of people looking for the President to sign their programs? More than likely fodder for e-bay in a few hours. He's high fivin' people and then...poof...there's Norm Coleman looking like a deer in the headlights...quick cheesy smile. You know the one that just seems to scream "Hi I'm norm coleman and I'm your senator." Thankfully dignified enough not to ask the president for his autograph.
I also noticed the increase in political advertising towards young people in these shows. As if showing Obama surrounded by young starry-eyed people is enough to say...hey you should vote for me too! And, yes Kay - I finally saw the Al Franken ad with his school teacher. That's enough for my vote...yes sirree. Better figure out how to caucus...or be a walking subcaucus...doesn't that sound like fun? Visit Al's site for a fun video on what that's all about. Woah - those poly sci college students sure do know how to make this sound like fun! (Actually it kind of reminds me of those mock constitutional debates we endured during high school debate...but that's another lifetime ago.)
No comments:
Post a Comment