1/23/08

I know I've been wallowing the last few weeks so I thought I'd toss caution to the wind and ask if anyone else is as creeped out by the Burger "King" in the burger king commercial that surprises the unsuspecting irate people who were punked into believing that the whopper sandwich was replaced by the big mac sandwich? Also while I remember the commercial - I think the whole idea of eliminating the Whopper and replacing it with a Big Mac is completely stupid...like the american public would really think that this was a plausable thing. Sure I think it's clever the one line where the guy says - what are you going to put on the sign?

And then I was driving by the burger king in cottage grove and they had on their billboard..."don't cry folks...the whoppers are still here".

I know for a person who doesn't even have regular cable I still seem to watch a lot of tv don't i?

I couldn't sleep last night so to try and avoid having to read one more speculative rumor about Heath Ledger online (seriously makes me sad that we are so entertainment crazy, I am saddened by his death but we don't need a live news feed from the site). Anyhow, I wandered the other areas of yahoo news and came across this photo of Clay Aiken in Spamalot which I thought perhaps looked a bit like he was channeling the King Burger Guy Himself...you be the judge:




















The other thing that creeped me out last night was the image from the Dark Night movie...of
the Joker...that looks like a really really dark film (to which I say - brilliant deduction sherlock like most of the batman comics were cheery anyhow!) I'm just not entirely sure if it's on my list of must see summer doorbuster blockbusters just based on the fact that I'm just not sure of the makeup - Although I have a slight problem with clowns anyhow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah is creeped out by the KING...I get a kick outta him though.

Clay also looks like the cowardly lion from the old Oz movie.

Alesha said...

I agree on both the "King" and the clown thing. Clay...add a beard and I could be convinced. I am kind of bummed, we saw Spamalot, sans Clay. I think that would have been neat.