1/2/08

Today Ryan took Angie, Kay and I to the chinese buffet for lunch. A nice treat and I know that he's just a sincerely nice person. It's not that there aren't others we work with who are nice but much like the tv show the Office there are all sorts of personalities and I'm really going to try and start this year with a positive, kind attitude towards everyone I work with. So HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Is anyone as disappointed in fortune cookies as I am lately? I mean they really don't make much sense lately or even cleverly fit the whole "in bed" hilarity of our college years. They should perhaps call them random phrases that really mean nothing that teach you how to say goat in chinese on the back.

Today I was all excited about my cookie - it said you will soon receive a fortune. That would be good right? Until Kay, one of the smartest people I know had to point out that perhaps all it really meant that I had already received the fortune...in a cookie.

C'mon - where are the really good writers of fortune? They probably jobbed it out to some computer in china that randomly generates the lucky numbers and those year of the rat placemats for the restaurants too.

Might as well just be:
"help I'm stuck in a loveless job generating fortune cookies..."

Yep, I'm fairly steamed...kind of like those mystery meat potstickers...what the heck do they put in those anyways?

No comments: