It is cold. Actually that's a bit of an understatement. I walked from my garage to the front door of my apartment with hat, scarf and gloves on and it still took me a good ten minutes to truly warm up. I cannot even imagine being homeless and having to endure such a biting cold.
I have to admit...the front door to our apartment sticks open and I purposely didn't click it shut in case a desperate person wants to perhaps huddle in the warmth of our semi-heated hallway. I know it's naive to think that anyone might even respond to that gesture and really how they would ever ever know but that's what ran through my head as I was trudging up the stairs.
Today was our kickoff meeting for the Relay for Life of the Cottage Grove Area. I was pleased to see so many people show up.
If you would like to donate to this event please click here. Don't worry...I'll be sending an e-mail out to you all soon to hit you up for money personally :)
The event will be held: 6 p.m. July 11th - 6 a.m. July 12th at Cottage Grove Junior High and all are welcome to join teams and participate.
I'm sure there will be fun activities and prizes throughout the night (I know this because I am helping to coordinate the festivities...if you'd like to help with that...know a dj in the area, magician, dancing troop who might want to participate in providing some free entertainment please leave me a note or send me an e-mail.
No comments:
Post a Comment