Wonder how many points it would cost to get this? (Kim - imagine grant's face if santa delivered THAT one instead of the nice one you did get? Amy - just think of the extravagant entertainment center bernie might build for that one?)
I know back when I booked Hilton rooms (several jobs ago) I was extremely excited to redeem my points for a free coffee maker. (Yep, I know I'm livin' the dream.)
I realize it's nice to get something for nothing however seriously I am not that starstruck to spend these easy frivolous points on John Travolta...unless of course after dinner he would wisk me and a guest away on a whirlwind flight to Italy.
I have no urge to swim with sharks either. Even if I'm in a cage. I know I was a trained lifeguard and I was on swim team but really one of my biggest fears (which was so completely stupid and still scares me to this day is a fear of those swimming pool grates at the bottom of the deep end. So putting myself in really really deep water inside of a "grate" where there really are sharks...yep, not really high on my list of must haves.)

One other thing caught my eye today...there is this island in Dubai, Arab Emirates where Donald Trump and several other hotel conglomerates are building lux housing and vacation properties. The site explaining this island explains all about the ecostructure about how they built the island and protected the environment. It all looks quite lovely but seriously are they sure the island will just stay floating once they build all of these hotels on it? Then load it with people and cars.
Apparently it is connected to the mainland with an underwater tunnel. I hate getting stuck in that tunnel in Minneapolis on my way to the west side of town in traffic, I cannot even fathom (ha ha) what I would feel like in a tunnel that went underwater.
A few years ago we were on Sanibel Island for our national sales meeting and we thought getting off that island in a hurricane or worse would be difficult, this place would be a nightmare. But I imagine you have enough money to privately heliport yourself off the island of some such thing.
Of course if I had enough Palms resort points I guess I could possibly go there, check it out and report back to y'all in 2008 when their resort opens. :)
1 comment:
I dont think you could pay ME the points to have dinner with John Travolta. I'm just not a fan. Fly to Italy or not...I just can't see it being enjoyable.
Post a Comment