I have survived weekend one without cable. Yesterday I met my friend Phyl for lunch at Baker's Square and then wandered around Border's Books. I was fortunate to have received several gift certificates to both Barnes and Noble and Borders for Christmas. However because of this new bounty I don't just want to squander it on a harlequin romance but rather something more meaningful that I can read and enjoy and maybe put up on a shelf to remember the kindness of my friends and family. So I actually walked out of the store without buying anything...I know if mom will read this she will completely not believe me.
So I'm looking for ideas - what is the one book you would take with you to a desert island so you could read over and over again? (Editor's note: I was also fortunate enough to have received a bible for Christmas as well so that sort of knocks that outta contention.)
I will have to say that not having a tv to flip channels is really kind of hard. I did realize that the basic package of tv does still come with PBS Create so I'm still able to get my "fix" for food television. That sort of did defeat the purpose of getting rid of cable so I wouldn't watch tv all that often as they were having a marathon of "healthy" cooking shows and while I'm still not sold on the whole idea that I want to make sour cream out of tofu when a tub of sour cream is pretty easy enough to pull out of the fridge..I did catch a whole bunch of "healthy cooking" ideas which I may very well incorporate into my diet.
I'm sure the computer will also need to possibly be shut off for a while too as I then wandered about three hours on youtube and google but I have a feeling these things will take time and when I don't have anyone to hold me accountable it's awfully easy to just plop down and start surfing.
No comments:
Post a Comment