1/31/08

I had a feeling it was coming. The invite to the 20th High School Graduating Class of 1988 Reunion came via e-mail tonight. It's in August. Still a ways off to either talk myself into going or just staying home. I went to our 10 year reunion and it wasn't all that fun...sure it was fun to see the gang of friends I was close to however we kind of did that already.

I have to admit as the years have gone on, between moving to Minnesota, and my other friends moving and having kids I've lost track of more friends than I've kept in touch with. I'm sort of sad about that because I truly think the friends I made in High School are a great bunch of people that I probably would really think are great today, however our lives just have gotten so separated that it just hasn't worked to stay in contact.

And so...yes, I'd love to see what THEY are up to, but I kind of wonder if we could do that off line with our families instead of in this larger group.

Reunions are an interesting thing to me...so you pay a lot of money to go have dinner with a bunch of people you all randomly met in high school. I have no desire to rehash the glory days of good old Rolling Meadows High School.

Sure I might wonder about that guy who didn't ask me to prom because he thought I was already going with the guy I always talked to at my locker (who I'd still like to slap upside the head because if he truly would have taken 15 seconds to ask he would have realized that guy I always talked to WAS MY BROTHER!!!!) Yep I've moved on, but certain things like that make you wonder - whatever happened to him... and is he still clueless? More than likely he is married with six kids.

It's also really really hard for me to think about the idea that it can already be 20 years since we graduated. Oh it's realistic but man...20 years sure makes me feel old.

No comments: