So I got asked to provide my opinion about my manager for his "360 review". Not that this should be all that difficult having worked with the man for almost ten years, however considering the past week and my inability apparently to articulate tough love, I pondered...do I tell the truth or merely fill out the darn thing with fours and fives and just move on in life.
It's been my experience that nothing I really say matters in the great big scheme of how we seem to do business anyways. But is that attitude helpful and healthy and going to really help him become a better manager of me?
So there's the question of the past few days. . . how do you know when being honest and telling the whole truth is what you should do? I know it seems silly to be asking this but really, is honesty the best policy ALWAYS? Is this what Jon Stewart and his writers meant by truthiness?
I thought about this for awhile and decided that maybe I'm not the best judge of this right now. And in light of other things best left unblogged I went with 4's and 5's across the board for my very own Michael Scott.
There is always next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment