1/15/08

I don't sleep much.

So there are occasions like last night where I get exhausted. Like my body realizes it has been depriving itself of sleep and I fall asleep right at 10 and sleep straight through my alarm.

I sleep through my alarm usually because I have these dreams that I'm back working at the radio station and rather inconveniently the radio station is playing the SAME MUSIC that my clock radio is playing.

Yep that happened this a.m. I woke up around 7:45 a.m. and had a meeting in St. Paul at 8:30. And a miracle of miracles, I took a shower, ironed my clothes, got in my car and got to work by 8:32 and...

The person I was meeting was running late too...so I even got to get a cup of hot chocolate.

On an aside...Sunday I found myself watching tv because it was too cold to do much of anything else besides hover under a blanket. There wasn't much on however PBS was running an all day marathon of professional ballroom/ latin dancing. I have to say, some of those couples were rather creative with their choice of music...One of the couples did a ballroom dance to Michael Jackson's Black or White. It was good, but that song just brings back memories that are better left in the way back dredges of my memories of the early 1990's.

I always wanted to learn to ballroom dance...swing dance...two step. I think it would be fun. I'd probably have a heart attack right now if I tried to swing dance however it's one of those things we could ease into I imagine. Waltz, tango, foxtrot, rhumba, two-step, swing...I also thought that it would be fun (if I ever got married) to forgo the traditional wedding dance for something a little more uptempo. Ah...maybe someday.

3 comments:

Nick said...

You have no idea how impressed I am that you iron your clothes in the morning.

Newt said...

Wow, you iron? I haven't turned an iron on in...........hmmm, gotta think about that......

Anonymous said...

Sincerely friends, I iron because I'm lazy and typically the clothes sit in a "clean" laundry pile until I choose to wear the outfit again which means it's typically wrinkled beyond hope...which means iron is merely smashing out as many wrinkles as I can...not the traditional "just from the dry cleaners" look.

Newt, you haven't been gone from The Ick that long that you don't remember what most of my outfits looked like...one word...wrinkled. :)