Do we really need award shows? Do actors really need to win oscars or golden globes to be a success in today's society?
I flipped by the Golden Globe announcements this evening and what a waste of airspace. I would rather have endured another evening of deal or no deal reruns than to have watched this. (as it was I only watched about five minutes and really was more distracted by billy bush the commentator - who was on Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader last week and lost a lot of money because he wasn't smarter than a 5th grader.)
Also - the first award they announced they pretty much announced the winner and then in the next breath said how surprised they were that THAT person won. Really tactful. Congratulations you won, but Nancy and I saw your performance and whatever was the Holywood foreign press thinking?
I think they could get rid of televised award shows completely. Or rather have an award shows much like the technical awards and just give out the awards and report it in the newspaper the next day. I really don't need to see actors from movies I've never seen, thank people I don't know, for a movie or show that we won't remember in five years.
I know this is the reason I got rid of cable...so I'd stop watching tv. So far it's been okay. I imagine it will get better in the summer when there's more stuff to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment