Have you seen the movie "You've Got Mail"? The part where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are discussing the idea that he can just say what's on his mind at the moment he wants to say it and she has difficulty with this. But then halfway through the movie when she has had her heart broken she says what's on her mind about him truthfully and feels like crap afterwards. Yep that's how I feel this week.
A person asked me to be honest. I knew it was going to be a landmine and I should have just let love lead and stayed silent. But instead I shared what I thought and it ended up hurting that person's feelings even more and now I feel like crap.
I can't even say they misunderstood, because now a few days later I've gone back to what I wrote and realize how they must have read the mail. It wasn't terrible but I can see that on top of what I know triggered the conversation, this really was unhelpful.
I imagine in a few years we will look back at this time and wonder what was the big deal, in the meantime aside from asking forgiveness (hmmm...sort of again like the movie) I'm not sure what else I can do.
Which is another reason why I haven't been blogging either...I'm just out of words for the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment